If you are an international corporation which would like to open operations in the Colon Free Zone – for example, distribution – at TIBA Panama we offer the option of creating your own entity in the Free Zone or operating through our operational license.
With the large experience of TIBA Group, we can assure you that we make the representation process as smooth as possible in the Colon Free Zone.
What is the Colon Free Zone?
The Colon Free Zone with over 63 years of existence is on the Atlantic coast of Panama and after Hong Kong is the largest free zone in the world. Its geographical position, its multimodal logistics network and its fiscal and logistical benefits for importers and exporters become the Colon Free Zone the largest hub in the western hemisphere.
The Colon Free Zone offers a global logistics center and access to non-traditional markets for companies preventing the bad use of the area for illegal purposes. This area allowed international trading activities, so you can import, display, mount, assemble, refine, purify, mix, transform, operate, manipulate and export all kinds of goods and effects of trade.
Advantages of operating in the Colon Free Zone
- It has a privileged geographical position near the Panama Canal.
- It is the main distribution center of Western Hemisphere. It has four container handling ports, highway and airport within the Free Zone of cargo and passengers.
- Multinational companies offer cargo services in less than 24 hours.
- Investments grade.
- Largest marine fleet in the world.
- Political stability and strong banking center consisting of national and international banks with the dollar as currency.
- 0% tax and 100% of opportunities for investors.
- It has established more than 3,000 companies.
- One of the biggest generators of 30,000 direct jobs nationwide.
- Office of Intellectual Property and unlawful capitols.