- We check all of the source documentation to ensure it complies with European Union requirements and we provide consulting services for CE marking. We act as European Authorised Representatives, responsible for representing manufacturers in the EU.
IMPORTING PERFUMES AND COSMETICS
In order to import perfumes and cosmetics it is now necessary to have a Declaration of Conformity which replaces the previous licence.
Our healthcare logistics team can help you out with drawing up and submitting the necessary documentation so that you can get your operations underway without delay, as well as offering you the use of our cosmetic-approved warehouses and giving you expert advice.
If this is the first time that your business plans to sell its products in the European Union, we have staff who specialise in perfume and cosmetics safety assessments. This means we can take care of the compulsory registration processes required in the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal’s (CPNP) before perfumes and cosmetics can be put on the market, on your behalf.
We offer solutions for importing cosmetics, perfumes and personal care products used for personal hygiene, body care and beauty purposes: perfumes, creams, moisturising lotions, beauty treatment products, make-up, nail polish, hair dyes, tattooing products and medical devices.
The procedures required to obtain authorisation to import and sell cosmetic products in Spain differ, depending on whether a product is manufactured in the European Union or outside it.
Logistic services specialized in cosmetics
- We can help you with the responsible declaration in order to carry out your operations
- We always offer the most appropriate shipping, air freight or haulage options depending on the urgency and the particular characteristics of the operation. Your products will arrive on time at their destination complying with all of the relevant legal and logistics requirements.
- We have specialists in customs clearance for this type of product. We make sure your goods reach their destination with no last-minute hitches.
- We process the registration in the European Cosmetic Portal (CPNP), and the safety evaluation dossier of each product.
- We manage free sale certificates.
According to Law 10/2013, cosmetic products are defined as:
“Any substance or preparation which is intended for contact with the various surface areas of the human body (epidermis, hair and hair capillary system , nails, lips and external genital organs) or with teeth and mucous membranes, for the exclusive or main purpose of cleaning them, perfuming them, changing their appearance, and/or correcting body odours, and/or protecting them and keeping them in good condition.”
Cosmetic tariff headings
A table of cosmetic products and their corresponding tariff headings are shown below so that, depending on the country of origin of your goods, you can find out from the Spanish Tax Agency what import duty you will have to pay, using your electronic signature certificate.
|Perfumes and colognes||3303|
|Dyes and lacquers||3305|
IMPORTING PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
Personal care products are defined as:
“Substances or mixtures which, although are not legally considered to be medicines, medical devices, cosmetics or biocides, are designed to be applied to the skin, teeth or mucous membranes of the body for hygiene or aesthetic purposes, or to neutralise or eliminate ectoparasites.”
Personal care product tariff headings
A table of personal care products and their corresponding tariff headings are shown below so that, depending on the country of origin of your goods, you can find out from the Spanish Tax Agency what import duty you will have to pay, using your electronic signature certificate.
|Dental chewing gum||Product dependent|
TIBA in other countries
Solutions for your industry
- Free Trade Agreement between EU and Vietnam 15/07/2020
- We get IFS Logistics certification 14/02/2020
- World Bulk Wine Exhibition 2019, we are attending from Spain 19/11/2019
- New US tariffs on Spanish products 07/11/2019
- Trace Certificate renewed by TIBA Angola and Mozambique 14/10/2019