We export by air and sea for one of our retail customers, leading to significant savings for them in time and customs costs
We ship fashion garments and accessories by air, FCL and LCL to various Latin American countries for one of our retail customers. Our presence in the destination countries has enabled this customer to save on customs clearance and duty clearance and also benefit from shorter transit times and other value-added services which have simplified their logistics.
The experience of one of our customers with our retail logistics services
One of our retail customers regularly exports from Spain to a number of Latin American countries where we have a long-standing presence. Our position in countries such as Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala and the Dominican Republic has enabled us to meet this customer’s logistics needs through a range of services tailored to their specific requirements.
To do this, we provide airfreight services, and regular LCL and FCL groupage every week, under the final destination DDP Incoterm (VAT excluded on behalf of the franchisee). In this type of services, we deliver straight to malls, shops and shopping centres to streamline their logistics.
Value-added services for retail exports
Alongside international shipping, our division specialising in retail logistics has also provided our customer with other value-added services. In the case of FCL shipments in which furniture and window dressing were sent together with garments, accessories, boxes and packaging bags, we separated and picked the goods by shop. Likewise, in airfreight services the goods are pre-sorted at origin by the destination (point of sale) to be then sorted by the destination airport’s handling service.
Our customer also benefits from our special FLAT agreement with branches at destination for customs clearance which we handle at both origin and destination. As part of this customs service, we see to scaling 10-15 items/HS Code per SAD to 50-60 and up to 60 lines/HS Codes, including EUR.1 movement certificate issue in Spain, by separating origins/place of manufacture (everything that is EU does not have a EUR.1-1, China, India, etc.).
Since our customer is already authorised as a TSF, they make the deliveries at the airport and we take care of the rest of the operations up to delivery in the country or at the point of sale.
Benefits of exporting retail industry products
Our services and the improvements in the customer’s logistics enabled him to:
- Cut transit time from 18/19 days to 10/12 days in door-to-door services.
- Reduce documentary and customs/documents incidents, working the Price/EUR.1 with our destination office and the destination customs broker.
- Obtain advantages in duty clearance including credit to franchisees, an extremely complex process in Latin America as it is not common for the customs broker to pay taxes on their behalf.
- Establish an ad-hoc work shift for the airfreight team to offset the time difference with Latin American countries which enhances document management and coordination.
- Achieve successful FCL shipments with very urgent critical orders by coordinating the actions of up to four of our offices in different countries to ensure the goods arrive on time.