Friopuerto inaugurates new reefer warehouse in Morocco (Tanger)
June comes loaded with great news. After a few months finishing details, last week Friopuerto inaugurated another new reefer warehouse; this time in Tanger, Morocco.
With a total initial cost in excess of 4 millions euros, the facilities have 5.800 square metres, with 35.000 cubic metres of capacity, divided into three main refrigerating chambers, and two freezing (negative temperature) chambers, which all together have a total storage capacity of 5.500 pallets. The warehouse also has eight loading docks and inspection areas for both animal and vegetable origin products.
Friopuerto’s expansion plans continue
Tanger’s facilities, which are number four in Friopuerto’s global expansion plans, have been carried out in a joint venture with major Moroccan investors (Yacout Invest), as well as an American partner (ACP LLC). This warehouse is highly suitable for both imports and exports of perishable products, an area in which Morocco is going fast.
The inauguration event was attended by some high level dignitaries, partners, and Romeu Group representatives:
- Mr. Aziz Akhannouch, Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries of Morocco.
- Mr. Aziz Rabbah, Minister of Equipment, Transport and Logistics of Morocco.
- Mr. Dwight Bush, United States Ambassador to Morocco.
- Mr. Ali Kayed, Jordan Ambassador to Morocco.
- Mr. Arturo Reig Tapia, Spanish General Consul in Tanger.
- Mr. José María Romeu (CEO of Grupo Romeu).
- Mr. Francisco Romeu (CEO of Friopuerto).
- Mr. Javier Romeu and Mr. Manuel Cabrera-Kabana, as well as other Directors of Grupo Romeu in Morocco.
Friopuerto continues with its global expansion plans set for this year. The soon-to-open Montevideo, Uruguay’s reefer warehouse will join Morocco before the end of this year, having also opened in February of this year Friopuerto in Sines (Portugal).